Ingestion of coins or other foreign objects is a common occurrence, more so in children than adults. This may be accidental or intentional. Multiple symptoms and signs have been attributed to foreign body ingestion. We report an unusual case of an incidental finding of ingested coins in the stomach of an adult. The patient underwent endoscopic retrieval of the coins as per current guidelines. We present a brief discussion of unusual presentations of ingested coins in adults, as well as a review of the literature on management strategies for foreign body ingestions.
Sunil, Meena and Malakoff, Gary
"$3,000 for $1.05: Short Changed?,"
Tennessee Medicine E-Journal: Vol. 1
, Article 3.
Available at: https://ejournal.tnmed.org/home/vol1/iss4/3